Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nov. 30, 2008

Jake's Funeral/Memorial Service: 3:30 p.m. Saturday, December 6, 2008, Arlington Heights United Methodist Church, 4200 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, Texas

Visitation: 5 to 9 p.m. Friday at the home of Johnny and Carolyn Cartwright

Memorials: In lieu of flowers, donations may be made ‘In Memory of Jake Cartwright’ to ThriveWell Cancer Foundation, P.O. Box 29331, San Antonio, Texas 78229-0331. Please mark all donations “For Research.” Jake was a strong believer in cancer research and any donations will be given to cancer research facilities, such as START where Jake was a patient earlier this year.

6 comments:

Suzi said...

Ms C,

I sent you an email about this week, I did not want to leave it as a comment on here but wanted to let you know about the message.

Love,
Suzi

Cat said...

It's a comfort knowing that Jake is no longer in pain and is with God. I wish you and your family comfort and peace in your lives. God bless you!

Deana Ortega said...

Carolyn,
You do not know me or my family, but we know Jake. My sons were friends of Jake and Kevin McMullin. When the McMullins lived on base a few years back, Jake spent time at my house. He was just like a part of our family! I want you to know just how special Jake was to us. We selfishly have heavy hearts as Jake is no longer with us on this earth, but I know that God took him home to be with Him. Jake was always smiling, cracking jokes and just a pleasure to be around, I know that his time on earth was done and that God took him to be that presence in Heaven. While Jake had our prayers as he went through his battle with cancer, we will now pray for you and your family as you deal with the sorrow of his loss. May God continue to bless you!

dyarger said...

Carolyn, Johnny and Sarah
Clint and I will continue to keep you in our prayers as you begin this new transition without Jake but we rejoice with you knowing he is with his Lord and Savior free from pain and hurting. What a wonderful day to finally go to heaven to be with Jesus. Be at peace now.
Debbie and Clint

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, My prayers are with you aand all of your family.

Betsy Kirk

Delilah said...

I am praying for you and your family. I know it is with sadness that Jake is gone but happiness that he is no longer in pain. I will keep you in my prayers, love to you all. Delilah